Art Project: Decorating Hearts
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! It’s that time of the year when we express our affection for the special people in our lives. Valentine’s Day can be a perfect opportunity for a child-directed project that embraces love, creativity, and plenty of fun!
Typically, I am not a big fan of holiday-themed projects.
I will tell you why:
- Holiday projects are very much product-oriented
- The larger portion of creation is done by the grown-up
- The child has very little room for creativity
Despite that, I would like to share one idea that I decided to try after
I collected too many heart-shaped boxes. I suggest trying this project with children around 5 years old.
You will need the following materials:
- Provide a variety of random, colorful small items. It is more
exciting when you use recycled items and therefore unpredictable materials
- Heart-shaped boxes
- Bottles of glue
- Children discover and study items
- Children pour a bottle of glue into the box they choose
- Children gently drop items they choose into the box
- Wow! Check it out!
Enjoy the process! Happy Valentine’s Day!!