What will you and your child learn in RIE class?
RIE classes have a very flexible structure and in many ways, each class unfolds differently.
Children get the opportunity to explore, play and interact for 90 minutes each week. The group stays consistent with the same children and parents, so families and children get to know each other and build friendships.
The format of the class allows for the following:
Freedom to explore supports intrinsic motivation. What is it mean for you: your child will enjoy learning, will want to figure out and problem solve, a lot less nagging, forcing, convincing, and motivating on your part.
Freedom to move supports safety, gross motor, and fine motor skills. What is it mean for you: children will able to estimate risk – and stop if they not ready to do something, they will move with grace and believe in themselves and develop self-esteem.
Open-ended play supports critical thinking and learning. What is it means for you: your child will be able to think out of the box. He will be not only able to repeat what he learned but also shared his own opinion. Higher-level thinking skills will be needed letter in school and college.
Sensitive observation creates a better connection between you and your child because you will learn unique information about your child, leading to greater awareness and understanding.
Topics for adult discussion often include:
- What to expect at each age/stages of development
- What children learn through play
- Balancing your own needs with your child’s
- Establishing clear and consistent limits
- Learn about Magda Gerber’s respectful Educaring® Approach
- How to make the most of the time you spend with your child
Embrace your child’s true nature — join our fun classes and learn to see your baby with new eyes!
Pasadena RIE studio classes
- Monday 9:30 am -11:00 am Toddlers
- Monday 12:00 am – 1:30 pm Babies
- Tuesday 9:30 am Young Toddlers
- Tuesday 1:00 pm Coming soon
- Saturday 9:30 am Young Toddlers
- Saturday 12:00 pm Young Toddlers
- Saturday 3:30 pm Toddlers
Our location 975 E. Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91107
- Sunday class 9:30 – 10:30 am Babies Coming Soon
- Sunday class 11:30 – 12:30 pm – Toddlers
- Friday class 9:30 – 10:30 am – Babies
Friday Free Information Night Q&A
7:30 – 8:00 pm
For more information, please email [email protected]