Welcome to Our Parenting Place!
We are excited to share that our parenting classes are certified by the RIE organization. RIE (pronounced “rye”) is the acronym for Resources for Infant Educarers®, a non-profit co-founded by Magda Gerber and pediatric neurologist Tom Forrest, M.D. in 1978. Gerber was well known for introducing the idea of respecting infants and seeing them as confident, competent individuals. The organization carries on her mission of improving the care of infants worldwide.
Magda Gerber’s Educaring® Approach fosters an authentic sense of self and lays a foundation for secure relationships, enduring curiosity, and lasting self-confidence to support infants to be:
- Peaceful Self-initiating
Ongoing registration for our current class offerings are:
- Classes meet Thursday from 11:30 – 1:00 pm–Coming soon!
- Classes meet Sundays from 12:00 – 1:30 pm
- Classes meet on Thursday from 9:30 -11:00 am — Coming soon!
- Classes meet on Tuesday from 11:30 -1:00 pm — 9/27, 11/4, 11/11
- Classes meet on Tuesday from 10:00 -11:30 am First class on Oct 25, 2016
- Classes meet on Tuesday from 9:30 -11:00 am — 9/27, 11/4, 11/11
Our classes are run in a dance studio called Pointe by Pointe at 1315 S. Fair Oaks Avenue, South Pasadena, CA 91030. We are south of Monterey Road, in front of the South Pasadena Middle School, In the Oak Tree Inn plaza.