Hearts, Hearts, Hearts…
#2 Project: Hearts
Typically, I am not a big fan of holiday-themed projects.
I will tell you why:
- Holiday projects are very much product-oriented
- The larger portion of creation is done by the grown up
- The child has very little room for creativity
Despite that, I would like to share one idea that I decided to try after
I collected too many heart-shaped boxes. I suggest
to try this project with children older than 5 years old.
You will need the following materials:
- Provide variety of random, colorful small items. It is more
exciting when you use recycled items and therefore unpredictable
- Heart-shaped boxes
- Bottles of glue
- Children discover and study items
- Children pour a bottle of glue into the box they choose
- Children gently drop items they choose into the box
- Wow! Check it out!